About the Workshop
Join Jamie Turbill, Certified Okta Consultant at Somerford, for our 'Discover Okta: Interactive Virtual Workshop for Beginners'.
Explore some of the fundamentals of Okta, how Okta works and the Okta integration network. Learn how applications connect to the Okta solution to provide seamless identity management. Get hands-on time with Okta and set up your own integrations.
✓ Module 1: What is Okta? - In this module, learn about what Okta is. How does Okta do identity management? We’ll take a walkthrough of the Okta platform and the Okta Administration console.
✓ Module 2: Universal Directory - What is meant by the Universal Directory? Learn about directory integrations in Okta, including Active Directory, LDAP and app directories such as HR solutions, or Google.
✓ Module 3: SSO - How do we achieve single sign-on? Learn about the open standards available, such as SAML, and what’s required to achieve “SSO”.
✓ Module 4: Lifecycle Management - Managing user profiles can be challenging. Learn what Okta does to automate some of this and reduce the burden of managing identity profiles across directories and your applications.
- Check that you can access Okta from the details that will be provided.
- A suitable smartphone to install/use Okta Verify, available from the iOS App Store, or Google Play Store.
- Sign up to Salesforce Developer at https://developer.salesforce.com/ (this will provide you with a Salesforce instance that can be used for SSO).
- Able to use Microsoft RDP to connect to an external AWS instance. Some familiarity with Windows Server may be required.
• We want to provide you with the best possible experience during our workshops. That's why we ask that you join us at the start of the session to participate in hands-on labs.
• Please be respectful and attentive during the workshop in order to get the most out of the session. Our workshop hosts are there to guide you through the labs and answer any questions you may have.
• After completing the workshop and hands-on labs, you will be eligible to receive certification for your participation.
• If you did not complete the hands-on labs, we will ask if you would like to join a future workshop to complete the labs and become eligible for certification.
If you have any problems or require support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org