Higher Education Executive Round Table
with James Hodge, Chief Technical Adviser at Splunk and John Dee, Strategy Director at Somerford Associates
- What do we mean by ‘student analytics’?
- What questions are we seeking to answer and what outputs or outcomes will the data support?
- What existing student data that we hold could be repurposed to meet this objective?
- What additional data do we need to provide a complete picture and what policy and permissions are required (statutory, regulatory, policy)?
- What additional data protection or compliance demands will student analytics impose upon us?
- Are there any precedents within the UK HE sector?
- What is the overlap in statutory reporting on extremist behaviour as part of the Govt’s Contest prevent strategy.
- How do we demonstrably balance and protect student privacy?